FEATURING URBAN DECAY TRIPLE THREAT PENCIL SET
As much as I love long-winded elaborate makeup looks that I can spend hours playing around with, reality is, most of us don’t have time for it. Makeup doesn’t have to be difficult, nor require endless variety of products. It’s all about improvising – and as far as your imagination goes.
I’m all about practicality so I created a look only using 3 eyeliners (Urban Decay Triple Threat Set), mascara and my fingers. Keep in mind, you can most certainly alter this look to be as subtle or dramatic as you like. You can also swap the colors around or try different combinations.
* My eyes were super sensitive today and they kept watering which is why I applied and re-applied the bottom liner. You don’t have to make it as intense as I have it here ;)
STEPS TO CREATE THIS LOOK
- Prep the eyes using an eye primer. I used Urban Decay Eye Primer in Original
- Apply Urban Decay pencil in Smoke (light gray) all over the eyelid stopping at the crease. Blend with your fingers. Re-apply the color, blend with your fingers again. You can repeat this step until you achieve the intensity you prefer. *If you have hooded lids, you can bring this color up past the crease – towards the eyebrows.
- Using Urban Decay pencil in Perversion (rich black), draw a thin line along the top lash line, wing out the outer corner as far as you prefer. I left mine as a small flick. Using your little finger or a Q-tip, smudge this line into your lashes to get a smokey look.
- With Urban Decay pencil in Sabbath (teal/navy), line the inner rim of your eyes, smudging the tip of the pencil into your lash line. Again, with either your little finger or a Q-tip, smudge the line until you get a smokey finish. You can leave this color as subtle as you like, or go for a more dramatic line like I did for full impact.
- Curl your lashes and apply your favorite black mascara. Although I didn’t use false lashes with my look, you can definitely add your favorite pair.
And you’re done! I cannot explain to you how quick and easy this look is to create. Pencils such as the Urban Decay 24/7 range are long wearing, so once they go on and set, they don’t budge very easily which is why they can also double up as eyeshadow or used as a base for your powder eyeshadows to build more color on top. I still used an eye primer, but I recommend that with most of the eye looks.
And here’s the swatches for the Urban Decay Triple Threat Pencil Set I used, you can shop for different pencil sets from this line, as listed below. I’ve also done previous swatch post featuring some other colors from this line HERE
SMOKE: Matte soft gray; PERVERSION: Rich creamy black; SABBATH: Matte navy/teal
SHOP URBAN DECAY 24/7 GLIDE ON EYE PENCILS and SETS
Click on the pictures to be taken to the online stores
What’s your favorite time-saving tip when doing your makeup? xx