Kid In A Candy Shop Alert!!! At least that’s exactly how the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils make me feel. And what better time to go crazy with them than now, as Urban Decay has just released 2 new amazing sets to answer all your eye pencil needs.
I’m trying to be good in controlling my ‘want vs need’ decision when it comes to purchasing more pencils so I’ll see how much longer I can hang in there before I get my hands on one of the new sets. Until then, I did a swatch and review of the pencils I already have from this range so you can see what the hype is all about…and very well deserved might I add ;)
Urban Decay Triple Threat Set comes with 3 colors: Zero (rich black); Demolition – matte brown and Rockstar – shimmery purple. I also have 2 individual pencils: Perversion – which is the darkest, blackest, richest black color ever; and Bourbon – a light coppery brown with shimmers.
Here’s what’s so great about these pencils:
1. They glide on like butter! which is so important when it comes to eye pencils as the eye area is already so delicate, and it’s never good for the skin, nor the application itself to be dragging hard pencils around.
2. The easy to apply texture, also brings about another added bonus: you can easily smudge the product. So they not only act as eye pencils where you can decide whether to have a sharp line or smudge it in for a softer sultry look, but you can also use them as a base for eyeshadows, or blend them in all over the eyelids and use them as eyeshadows. Talk about a multi purpose product!
3. The colors are super pigmented. One swipe will give you such an opaque and vibrant application; a tiny amount goes a long way, making your pencils last longer.
4. It stays on til you take it off and does not budge. When they named these pencils 24/7, they weren’t kidding. For a pencil which has such soft texture, one would think they would melt away shortly after application but nope! I never wore them as long as 24 hours to vouch for them staying on that long but I have gone for 10hrs and they don’t budge.
5. They can be purchased individually (with so many amazing shades) and alo come in sets, which can be seasonal or special deals every so often. Considering the amount of money you save buying a set rather than a few individual pencils, Urban Decay really does deliver giving their customers maximum value for money.
If you’d like to try Urban Decay 24/7 eye liners for the first time, or maybe you’re interested in buying one of the featured sets, I have included links to where you can get them from. Alternatively, you can visit Urban Decay’s official website here to get more information ;)
Get the Ocho Loco 2 Set here
Urban Decay Ocho Loco 2 set features 8 colors, including the super rich black Perversion. This set has a good balance of neutral tones with different shades of browns and some amazing jewel tones to achieve a more vibrant look. This set is $59-
Get the Black Market Set here
Urban Decay Black Market Set is perfect if you’re after neutral colors, yet it also features a gorgeous purple, blue and deep green to give you the option of playing up your look if you choose to. This is a very versatile set and at $36-, it’s an absolute steal!
Last but not least is the Triple Threat set – which I’ve featured in my swatches above. These 3 pencils have been my go-to since I found this set at the checkout area of Sephora – you know where you start at the line with the one product you needed, and by the time you get to the register, you have 10 items! :)) I highly recommend this set as a starter kit; the shades are universal and so many looks can be created whether you use them as eyeliners or smudge them in as eyeshadows. This set is a travel size and it’s $19-
**Due to the Ocho Loco 2 and Black Market Sets being new releases, I can’t seem to find a store which delivers these two sets worldwide at this stage. You can however check out individual Urban Decay pencils here where they offer free worldwide shipping ;)
What’s your favourite UD 24/7 eyeliner shade?