I got so inspired looking at all the shades of Pantone’s color of 2014 which is Radiant Orchid. With beautiful purples and magentas, I went searching in my stash and found my Loreal Infallible pigment shadow in Purple Obsession. I did a full review and swatch of all my Loreal Infallible eyeshadow collection which you can check out HERE as the quality and colors are really amazing.
This look is very very easy and I used my favorite Real Techniques brushes to blend it all out. You can get Real Techniques brushes (free worldwide delivery) HERE. *Use code LFNEW at checkout to get 10% off.
*If you recreate this look, please either post it to my Facebook page here ; or tag me on Instagram @sarahbeautypov or Twitter @sarahbeautypov . I’d love to see it!
PRODUCTS and TOOLS
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer – Eden; Loreal Infallible Eyeshadow – Purple Obsession; MAC Eyeshadow – Saddle
Real Techniques Brushes – Domed Shadow Brush; Deluxe Crease Brush; Detailer Brush
Black eyeliner (I used Urban Decay – Zero); Black Mascara (I used Lancome Hypnose Drama)
2. With the Domed Shadow Brush, lightly apply MAC Saddle into the crease only
3. Using your fingers, press Loreal Purple Obsession all over the eyelid. These shadows are pressed pigments and I find applying the color with the fingers gives a better result
4. Once the color is on, take the Deluxe Crease brush and blend out the line where the purple color meets MAC Saddle we applied earlier
5. Draw a very thin line along the upper lashline with the black eyeliner – smudge it out with the Detailer brush for a softer look
6. Again with the Detailer brush, apply the purple eyeshadow along the lower lashline smudging the color into a soft line
7. Taking the Dome Shadow Brush, dip it into MAC Saddle again and go over the lower lashline to diffuse the purple shadow further
8. Line the inner rim of the eyes with the black eyeliner, press the purple shadow over this black line using the Detailer Brush again. This will ensure the purple shadow will stick to the eyeliner making the color pop and last much longer
9. Apply couple of coats of mascara – you can use false lashes if you like but I only used mascara in this look
*Usually with a look like this, I would use a darker brown or a black shade on the outer corners of the eyes to achieve a multi dimensional look but the Loreal Infallible shadows have the most beautiful finish, the color changes from light to dark depending on lighting so it practically creates that multi dimensional look anyway. Fuss free, which is what I love ;)
If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments section below xx