Pantone – the color people, have just announced Radiant Orchid to be the Color Of The Year 2014. This means 2013’s winner Emerald green is about to complete its year long reign . Seeing as I’m overdue for a makeup pictorial; it’s holiday season with golds and greens and reds everywhere…and there’s a few weeks left for Emerald to bid farewell, I thought I’d use Prestige Outrageous Emerald eyeliner for this look. It has the most amazing color payoff, applies beautifully and it doesn’t budge once it dries – bonus!
*If you recreate this look, please either post it to my Facebook page here ; or tag me on Instagram @sarahbeautypov or Twitter @sarahbeautypov . I’d love to see it!
PRODUCTS and TOOLS
Prestige Total Intensity Eyeliner – Outrageous Emerald; Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Liner – Black
Sigma Brushes: E55 Eye Shading, E47 Crease/Shader, E21 Smudge, E25 Blending (get them here)
Black Mascara (of your choice); False Lashes (optional)
2. Apply Tease eyeshadow starting from the outer corner, moving in towards the crease with E55 Shading Brush. Blend this color in with the E25 Blending brush up towards the browbone and also into the Half Baked eyeshadow applied previously.
3. Apply Snakebite eyeshadow onto the outer half of the eyelid with the E55 Shading brush, stopping just before the crease line. Blend this color into the Tease eyeshadow with the E25 Blending brush.
4. With the E21 Smudge brush, softly line the upper lashline with Blackout eyeshadow. Smudge it in for a worn-in look.
5. Line the waterline with Prestige Outrageous Emerald eyeliner, smudging the color into the lower lashes so to create a smudged look.
6. Wipe off the black eyeshadow from the E21 Smudge brush (you can use wet wipes for this), and apply Half Baked eyeshadow just underneath the green eyeliner and blend.
7. Curl your lashes, apply mascara to both upper and lower lashes. Apply false lashes (if you want a more dramatic look).
8. When the lash glue dries, go over the eyeshadow line you created along the upper lashline with Maybelline Master Precise liquid liner. Stay very close to the lashline. I also did a little flick at the outer corner – which is optional.
9. Lastly, spray the E55 Shading brush with either water or a binding agent such as MAC Fix+ and dab it into the Half Baked eyeshadow. This will intensify the color and the shimmer of the shadow. Apply this to the inner half of the eye to make the gold stand out more.
*The most important part of any eye look is to Blend Blend Blend, so be patient and build the colors gradually until you reach the desired affect.
And here it is! You have yourself a shimmering, festive look with the addition of the jewel toned emerald.
If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments section below xx